Sunday, December 6, 2009

My journey to become a doula...

My journey to become a doula started when I was pregnant with my first child. I enjoyed pregnancy so much and looked forward to the birth of my baby. The whole experience of pregnancy, labour and the first few months of motherhood was so empowering and life-changing and I knew that I wanted to make a difference to other people going through similar experiences. The role of the doula encompasses so much which is intrinsically important to me and through my research and reading I have come to understand so much more about the work involved. I know that this is just the start of my real journey; I now have the skills which will enable me to support women and their partners throughout their pregnancies and births, but the real work begins after this. Finding clients and truly helping people, this is where it all begins...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, say something, feedback makes me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...